Thursday 16 August 2007

What the heck!

Bloody hell, its after five and I've been staring at the screen since three this afternoon. It's not that I don't have anything to write, it's just that I'd so many things I wanted to write my head feels as if there's a constant ringing and my body feels like lead. I didn't like the postman this morning. If I'd a dog I'd have set it on him to target his rear. Not because he brought me stomach churning post, but because he slightly scratched the car's rear with the gate! The car that I've been planning to burn.

We got out for a bit in what let me see.........four days. Feel like I've been hibernating. I've just been growing horns and laying eggs at home. The weather not giving me a good enough reason to go out either. But since I was beginning to realise that if we didn't get back into the world soon there might be cause for concern from neighbours that we are from a different planet.

Happy to be out in the open air we got a bit too carried away and got high on junk food that has probably contributed to the brain freeze I got this afternoon, staring at the computer for two hours. We did a Library visit, topped up on the books and went to the post office to send off another script(fingers crossed). Now I mention this because it's my first day out in four days, somebody's got to recognise? Not!

I'm standing at the front line waiting for the two counter ladies to finish topping up on their daily gossip. I wondered why they're whispering, it's not like I'm going to TELL the unfortunate soul whose ears must be ringing, I just want to get on with it. I do the usual sighing, no response. Then I gaze at my pretend watch, do the little shaking of the head, still no response. Right foot starts tapping involuntarily, lips pursed together and move up to left side, teeth clenched. This gossip seems way to juicy to stop and serve the hibernator. Then I humm a meaningless tune and finally the one with the dark red hair, matching lips and who will soon be needing a visit to the nearest Spec Savers screeches "Next!" Nothing stuns me anymore except myself.

So my brain has kinda unfrozen, but I decided to put aside what I'd planned to write to the back of my mind. Maybe next time, I don't really feel like trying to bring it forward anyway!

No comments: