Wednesday 22 August 2007

Not worth the drama

My eyes are watering and my nose is running because I happen to put my big nose into the yellow dandelions Naomi had presented to me. (She really believes they are flowers as strongly as she believes in the tooth fairy that only gives notes) I had my nose or should I say the flowers up my nose because I'm guilt ridden by what had happened earlier today. But I see Karma has balanced out my actions.

We were on our way out the door, Naomi, baby Anabelle and I. I have to refer to this doll as a real person if I want a good nights sleep. Anyway, just as I'm about to leave Naomi pips "Can we take her pram."
Now I'm thinking, that means going upstairs, folding the dam thing, back downstairs, then into the boot, then when arriving at the shops opening boot, open up pram, time wasted while strapping baby Anabelle then wheeling her all the way around town so I say.
"No"

Then we get into the WHY debate which takes longer than it's suppose to because she really doesn't care about my reasons. She just wants to get her pram and that's the end of it. So she sits herself down on the stairs folded arms and starts her peaceful demonstration. Defeated- because I know that if I want to get out within the next hour- I rush upstairs and get the pram. As I wheel it out the bedroom, it's wheels wobbling all over the place, it wasn't looking good. To which I yell downstairs.
"Your pram is broken. I don't have time to sort it out." I quickly rush back downstairs hoping that this would be understood, open the door and ask miss Naomi to peacefully get into the car.

She decides that the peaceful demo has to take a different direction so she screams, almost popping my eardrum as well as the neighbours. I breath to calm down but I see that I'm getting no where and storm back upstairs and back down with the pram and throw it into the boot and yell.
"Get in the car or would you like to drive the car!" WHAT?????

Sometimes it's just not worth it. I could have just taken the trouble and let her take the pram, What was the big deal.

So as a peace treaty I decided to poke my nose into those weeds and gained a runny nose and runny eyes. Happy days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did you even exert energy on this little drama that you knew you would lose. I can see the two of you driving away. One pretty chaffed with her little victory and the other fuming. I guess the entire trip was conversation free then. Lovely!!

Mandy