Monday 6 August 2007

Lost the moment

I didn't think I would post anything today - well not exactly- I had something I was working on but I lost the moment. I'm actually having one of those what I call Sugar in fridge moments, well that's was what it was today. I gazed down at the breakfast cereals and swore I had the sugar a minute ago. My daughter and niece looked at me as though I needed to take looney pills when I asked them where the sugar was. Defeated I go over to the fridge to retrieve the milk and lo and behold the sugar, in the fridge and a pair of scissors. Scissors? now I'm not owning up to that one, I wasn't in need for a scissors this morning, I'll blame mum with that one. She's been with me for a few weeks on holiday from South Africa.

I didn't get to bed until two this morning, don't ask me why and I only got two hours sleep. Although she won't admit it I get the feeling mum's not feeling too well. She was up at four this morning, I could hear her going in and out of the toilet up and down the stairs. So by the time I tried to close my eyes the sun was already streaming through my curtains at 5am. So I tried to lie in a little longer and then the kids were up. For those of you with kids you know there are no lie ins. So I got on with it and as usual at about this time I get my inspiration on what I want to write about that day, and usually have it down after my bath.

But first it was attending to the girls, then I found myself vacuming the floors, then I was on a call to the ex, then it was mail through the door, that always throws my moment. Then the kids were bored and I had to do shopping anyway so I promised to take them to the Xscape for an outing after the shopping. So I put away my half written blog tittled "Defining moments" got my camera that I knew I'd leave behind which I did, on the kitchen counter and off we went about our day.

The girls had so much fun with games, I'm kicking myself now for leaving the camera I so much wanted to share the pictures with you. Mum went off to shop, leaving me with the girls, how nice. By two thirty I could tell it was time to go. My niece was starting to make odd requests, this is a sign shes ready for a nap.
Her first request was that she wanted to go on an aeroplane. Now that I just couldn't deliver.
Then she wanted an apple, that I could do once we found mum and got to the car.
Next she wanted a person..HAH????? She's wailing for a person, a person a person. Now I'm not one for dramatic theatre so I start to move faster through the crowd and head for the car, lucky mum had spotted us and comes to my rescue.

In the car - the seat belt saga
Now she doesn't want to be strapped- we should never! She wails, Should never touch her belt!
So we try negotiating with the enemy by offering her that once requested apple. Nope.....she's not having it.
Next we tried the threat tactic- I 2 3 count that did absolutely nothing.
Finally I decided it was time to engage with the enemy- this requires ear plugs and protective armour for oneself while strapping over the seat belt to which I own neither, but did it like pro and got the job done. The wails only lasted until I'd reversed and she was out like a light leaving us deaf and physically exhausted.

So when I got home, I head straight for my computer to get on with today's blog and it just wouldn't surface the way it had this morning. I sat on my bed, with my laptop on my lap willing it to come but nothing, and later found my self waking up with a hot laptop on my lap. I just could deliver today, well not like I wanted too.






No comments: