Sunday 26 August 2007

Change of plans

We were planning to go to the Caribbean festival this weekend like I mentioned earlier but there was a change in plans. This would’ve been my third attencance since I came to England but because of certain circumstances I decided not to attend. I almost did though.

This is what went wrong.

Two weeks ago I got a call from the ex. He sincerely asks me if I could help him. This year he wanted to sell some drinks at the carnival to make a little cash. You can get a special permit to sell. So I’m thinking. I’m a civil person, I don’t mind helping at the same time Naomi can get to spend time with him so I agree.

So today I show up as planned, at nine o’clock to be exact. I park my car far away from the carnival coz I know things can get a little rough and get on the phone to the ex to find out if he’s arrived. He answers in his lying tone! I’ve had years of practise to know when he’s lying about something, I always recognise it in his tone. My stomach churns. He tells me a long tale about how he’s struggling to get into the place and he’ll call me back. Phone cut! Okay then, I didn’t just drag my ass out of bed at 7a.m this morning for this shit so as I’m about to ring to let him know I’ll walk up and find him, right on cue he calls.

Him: I know I should’ve told you this earlier but I’m with the woman……..

Sirens naturally go off in my head- he’s with the woman I threw his ass out of the house for- and stupidly in a panic thought I’d made the biggest mistake of my life and temporarily asked him back (I plead insanity in this instance), but quickly got back to my senses and decided that it was better her than me.


Him:....I don't want you to get upset.........
Hah????????? I don't know what recreational substances he's taking but since when does he tell me how and how not to feel? The thing is though; this whole scenario was not my idea of spending my bank holiday facing the enemy. I don’t recall signing up to the Jerry Springer show and I don’t break bread with my enemies I’d rather burn in hell. For that reason I decided to switch off my phone, swing my key in the ignition, put car into gear and head back onto the motor way and take my beautiful self home. It’s not worth the drama!

Sorry that there will be no pictures to show, maybe next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This crap gets my blood boiling. What a f%&!#ng idiot. How dare he puts you in that situation. It's a pity you have to contend with his sorry ass for Naomi's sake. Guess what, he will ask you again(an ant has a bigger memory).Lesson - no matter how sincere, do NOT oblige. He will need you in a more desperate situation that only you can help. Why didn't he ask his fluzzzy. Makes you wonder!!!

Mandy