Saturday 11 August 2007

Simply be


It's been so quiet with mum and niece gone and Naomi away at her dad's for the weekend I can hear the beating of my own heart and the constant growling of my stomach. Which is something I can't ignore for very long. Besides going out to the supermarket to get a few things and chatting to a guy who tried to convince me to switch from my electric company to theirs because it's lot cheaper -aren't they all - there really wasn't much I could do with myself. Its funny though, how I always try to avoid these sales reps and always get noticed. I could be in a crowd of people and I always find myself being singled me out. No matter how much I tried to avoid them.


Not so long ago, I was coming from an interview in Leeds, I was walking in the fast crowd and out comes this lady. Short, stout, greasy brown hair, and says, "You know you gonna 'ave long life."
I looked at her and wondered why, why me? She pulled me aside and began to run her hand over my palm.
"You come from broken marriage, yes?"
I nod cautiously, I mean I have no lines of wedding rings on my fingers.
"You live in own home?"
Lucky guess!
"Your mum not been feeling too well lately?"
I honestly couldn't say
"You've been really sad these past months?"
I ask her how does she know this.
"I'm a real gypsy." is her response.

Right! And I'm a belly dancer. I really feel the need to go but she insists she tell me my fortune- which I must say I got for free. She asked my to buy a lucky charm and I simply said NO! But she continued to tell me that I'd be travelling in September- Please! I've no intention of travel. Then she reckons I shouldn't push love away- like hello, love is no where near me at the moment. She sees three children in my life, which I laugh at, no more children for me. She asks me about the initials LRJ. I don't have a clue except the L could be my name. After that she let me get on my way.

This all came back to me while I was in the car thinking about the guy who tried to get me to switch electric companies. I was just wondering why I always have a radar to attract people in my life. I won't tell you all the weird stories about the people I've met who have come up to me in the middle of no where, most of them not sales people just general people with general messages or a chat. And I realised that I didn't need a reason. I just needed to simply be in the moment and accept whatever gifts that are brought to me.

So when I got home I allowed myself to be, went upstairs and lay down with my book and tried to read but that didn't last long.... I realised I'd fallen asleep when I was rudely woken up(Book still in hand) by a loud knock on my door.

"You order take away?"
I shake my head, feeling angry and a bit grumpy.
"We got call from you, yes this house?"
"Listen I didn't order take aways."
He turns way and leaves mumbling something.

So much for simply being!





No comments: