Monday 3 September 2007

Life

A friend gave me a brilliant idea over the weekend which I haven't been able to shake. He said I should write a book about how to get along with your ex. Now, you will notice from my previous posts the in's and outs of the relationship with the ex. But in all honesty my friend had a point, because no matter what he says I've never jeopardised our relationship as parents. How I've worked it out is how to separate his behaviour from who he is.

I don't tolerate any negative behaviour towards me and I think he's got that one worked out. He knows that I will only speak with him when we are both respecting one another. On the other hand I did go cold turkey when we broke up. That was zero contact for almost three months. I was like a junkie trying to get him out of my system. Once I'd got through that period the things that use to affect me, the things that use to draw me into arguments stopped working. That's not to say I don't get upset from time to time, but nowadays I simply walk away and let him deal with his issues and when he gets back to his senses treat him like the human being he is and the father of my precious daughter.

Life is in our full control. Feeling miserable is a choice, and I usually choose miserable more times than I should. Sometimes it just feels so dam hard getting out of the victim mentality. But I also realised that acknowledging it, forgiving yourself and getting back in the game is, in my opinion the way of life. I don't personally believe in giving advise, but I do believe that using my own experiences, other people maybe helped, in their own way. No two walks of life can be the same. How I felt in my break up maybe totally different to how another person deals with it, and that's alright. My stories hopefully will help one cope better while going through the pain.



No comments: