Sunday 9 September 2007

The Wedding

We arrived at the wedding after two pm. I'd decided to dress smart casual. I'm not really into the wedding gear. (Smart hats, glittering dresses.) I'd gone for a white long dress - that was almost sweeping the floor- but thanks to my height it missed the floor by an inch. Curly hair, a simple necklace I got in SA and a pair of white sandals. I felt good about the choice. As expected everyone, well almost everyone was dressed to kill- literally- you can imagine how many credit cards where swiped the week prior to this wedding. It's all about the BENJAMIN'S- it's a fact in the African culture. It's about whose going to turn up in the most expensive attire even if it cost them their last pay check!!!!!

Anyway we arrived late, but never the less we were in time for the food!!! Yes I love wedding food, provided it isn't cold, which in this case it was. We (Friend and I ) stood at the door way eyeing how many available chairs that were left. I was busy rapping on about the decor when Friend made me aware that they were actually praying. So I zipped it for a second until they said Amen. Then we made ourselves comfortable in the back seats without the tables - that's what you get for being late- and then rushed over to the "buffet" to get our food - which was cold. Serves us right for rushing, because after we had greedily downed our food I could tell the burners had been heated, so the later crowd got the warm food- bummer!

I eyed out the fashion at the same time tried to get drunk on two Bacardi breezer - please- it was like downing orange juice, I needed something a little stronger. I only spotted two fashion disasters, the first was a woman who looked like she'd skinned a cheetah and the other lady, well lets just say she refused to make any investments in corsets. Enough said. I decided to entertain myself by having a little dance, which rudely kept being interrupted by the hopeless MC. He's just one of those people who loooooooved to hear themselves talk. So I bagged the dancing sooner than expected.

In all I had a good time, I got to spend time with my friends, which was fantastic and I got out of the house, now that's therapy so I know there be less drama from me this week!!!!!

No comments: