Thursday 6 September 2007

The world keeps spinning

I caught a glimpse a of a real live Jerry Springer show. Not that I'm a fan, but who can ignore screaming, yelling, hitting and finally sobbing in the middle of a town mall? I must admit I found it quite amusing and so did the rest of the shoppers who were forced to stop their browsing and tune into the drama of love. It's always about that. It's the main driving force that makes us act in such strange ways.

I walked by as quickly as I could, not because I didn't want to watch the drama to easy off the load off my non dramatic day but because it's a subconscious action I picked up in South Africa. The minute you hear raised voices in public in SA you run for it. You just never know whose going to pull out the sharp object first or start spraying bullets all over the show. I just got that funny fear feeling in the pit of my stomach, and kept as far away as possible at the same time glancing over my shoulder to take in snippets of the live act.

I did feel a little sympathy for the long haired brunette, in a pair of sweat pants and an off white t-shirt that seemed to have missed it's turn in the washing machine. Honestly, by the sound of her tone in the distance it sounded as though she'd had one two many. That goes for her three boyfriends or whoever they were with her. She was fighting with all of them. Story of my life. What can I say. I'm not into soaps so that was the best I could get.

Tomorrow I'm off to an interview looking forward to that not as exciting as today though but it will do!



No comments: